Return to Play Guidelines from Kentucky Youth Soccer
Phase 1: Stay Home – Current Phase
- No in-person soccer related activity
- Online Training is acceptable
Phase 2: Individual/Small Group Training – June 15, 2020
- Player to coach ratio per practice group of no more than ten (10) players and one (1) coachNo more than 4 training groups per designated training area
- Ensure that each practice group has a different location to place bags and water. They should not congregate in the middle of the field of play or meet in the same place
- Practices limited to non-contact individual activities while following social distancing protocols (individual skills, fitness, etc.). No group activities allowed in this stage.
- Stagger start times for training to minimize players arriving and leaving at the same time
- Games or scrimmages are NOT permitted in this phase. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, etc. are not permitted due to the potential contact.
- Parents must follow social distancing guidelines and should remain in their cars if possible.
Phase 3: Larger Group/Team Training – June 29, 2020
- Player to coach ratio per practice group of no more than ten (10) players and one (1) coach. Multiple groups may practice simultaneously but must follow social distance protocols.
- Limited physical contact
- Staggered start times for practice to minimize players arriving and leaving at the same time.
- Parent/Guardian may watch practice but adhere to social distancing requirements.
- No games or scrimmages are permitted in this phase. Activities should continue to adhere to social distancing policies (e.g. passing patterns, zone games, etc.). Limited physical contact is acceptable in accordance with the low touch1, medium sharing2 guidelines as determined by the Governor’s office.
Phase 4: Full Return to play – Members will be notified when they can move to Phase 4.
- League and Tournament Matches can resume with spectator restrictions.
- No training session restrictions.
- League/Tournament protocols:
- Social Distancing for spectators
- Staggered start times to limit the interactions with teams arriving and leaving the field of play